Dairies and cheese plants were one of the first industries to use chlorine. A good sanitation programme leads to a safe and wholesome product and healthy animals.
To gain background knowledge on the general properties and usage of chlorine, it is recommended that you read this article before continuing:
The Cleaning Process:
- Pre-rinse to remove a large portion of milk soil
- Wash to remove visible soiling
- Rinse to clear away soap
- Sanitize with chlorine to remove the invisible soil or bacteria
- Water Chlorination: in many areas, addition of a chlorine solution for treating farm water supplies is recommended.
- Milking machines, all milking equipment and utensils must be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized after each milking.
- All surfaces that come into contact with food should be sanitised.
- Milk tank trucks are commonly sanitized with a chlorinated solution.
Trackback from your site.