Innovative and simple viscosity meter can be carried in one hand! Ideal for on-the-go viscosity measurements in industry.
Great cost-performance ratio due to small, portable size. Quality design by Atago.
- Beverages – critical parameter in production, eg tomato juice needs to flow through production line in a constant, homogenised state
- Dairy – viscosity can vary according to fat content, pH and pasteurisation
- Sauces – important measure for consistency in sauces
- Olive oil – a Newtonian fluid *
- Jam – important factor in making jam spreadable
- Toothpaste – the right viscosity will allow the toothpaste to break cleanly from the tube and retain its shape without flattening
- Cosmetics – a smooth, light, easily spreadable quality is desirable
- Adhesives – properties such as bond strength, smoothness and ease of flow are assessed through viscosity measurements
- Paper – concentration of starch
- Resins, polymers, paints, varnishes, sodium silicate, etc – viscosity is important for flow and smoothness
- Fluids, lubricants and slurries – viscosity affects wear and tear of machinery. Low viscosity is often necessary for circulation and to ensure precision when spraying or coating
|VISCO™ was awarded Bronze at the “IBO 2016 Industrial Design Awards” for “Portable Analytical Instrument Design” by Bioinformatics, Strategic Directions International. VISCO™ received this award for excellence in its functionality and industrial design.|
- Start by using the dial button on the back to select "Level" on the menu screen.
- Rotate the legs to align the horizontal circle.
- Attach the spindle and temperature sensor to the main unit.
- Place the beaker with samples on the base.
- Select measurement on the main menu. Set the spindle, beaker and speed, then press "Start".
- Compact and lightweight, only 20 cm high. The legs can also be folded for storage and portability
- Digital display – easy to read, allows you to select spindle, RPM and beaker settings
- A temperature sensor measures the temperature
- Low viscosity adapter allows measurement of low viscosity samples
- Robust – durable IP65 frame
- Small sample of only 15 to 100 ml can be used, resulting in less waste
- Measurements can be done by placing the instrument directly on the included beaker, making it easy for "on-the-go" measurements
- Other containers beside the included beakers can be used, such as disposable paper or plastic cups
- Power – AC or batteries
- USB connectivity makes it easy to transfer data to your computer
- VISCO™: standard stainless steel body, instrument weighs 1 200 g
- VISCO-895: lightweight aluminium body, weighs 895 g
- VISCO™ Package A: includes adapter for disposable containers
- VISCO™ Package B: includes adapter for low viscosity
NEW! Optional Accessory:
- VISCO Temp Controller: a constant temperature device that controls the temperature of the sample. This small, lightweight device has been developed to save the effort involved with using a water bath and does not require any water circulation.