NEW! The most automatised closure professional Torque Tester available. The entire test cycle is automatic, thus ensuring highly repeatable and accurate results.
Measures torque, topload and rotation angle.
After placing a sample in position on the Automatic Closure Torque Tester, the instrument will apply all necessary movements, such as clamping the container, gripping the cap and releasing / applying the closure with automatised movements. In this way, many human errors are eliminated and repeated tests are more accurate.
Ideal for highly accurate laboratory torque testing for quality assurance of bottles.
New Feature: Configurable automatic full topload control for Child Resistant Closures.
Great Feature: Able to perform release-application torque test without breaking the sample seal – no more wasted samples!
- Beverage factories
- Bottling plants
- Application test
- Release test
- Apply-release test – for finding the connection between the application and the release torque by several cap-container combinations
- Release-apply test – measure the initial release torque without damaging the tamper evident band and the sealing, even on carbonated and aseptic products
- Strip test – this mode measures the peak torque value, where threads break / deform in an on-torque / application cycle. It allows you to measure the maximal amount of torque that can be applied without permanent damage to the closure / container threads
- Angular degree of rotation measurement
- Tamper evident band release and application tests – this test option is only available on the custom continuous rotation option, as it requires a different machine configuration
- After placing a sample in position on the Automatic Closure Torque Tester, the instrument will apply all necessary movements, such as clamping the container, gripping the cap and releasing / applying the closure with automatised movements
- The container is fixed with the container camps and moved by a self centering pneumatic parallel gripper. The container clamps can be changed with the quicklock pin system (marked green)
- The closure is gripped by a pneumatic operated cap collet. The collet is also fixed with a quicklock pin for fast changing
- The force of both pneumatic movements can be set separately by valves on the machine’s back panel
- Force and speed of sample fixing and testing can be set to a wide range
- Torque range: -50 to +50 inlb (-5 to +5 Nm), can be raised to approx. 100 Lbin (Approx. 10 Nm)
- Measurement units: inlb, ftlb, Nm, dNm, Ncm
- Flexible configuration allows many test methods, including custom test methods
- Sample sizes: from diameter 10 mm x 40 mm to diameter 200 mm to 400 mm
- Sample closure types: all kinds of circular (different shapes optional customisation), twist caps, child resistant caps and metallic pilver caps
- Fast sampling time enables more accurate measuring at high speeds, however, the slower the test cycle, the more accurate the result
- Real-time graphs on a large colour touch-screen
- Internal memory can store over 100 results with graphs and can be imported to a PC
- Safety dual activation start buttons
- Sample sizes can be increased both in diameter and in height
- Extra test modes, such as application overtorque or crimp torque test
- Quick lock clamp changing over system
- Narrow paper printer for direct report printing
- Calibration kits