Improved features! Portable thickness gauge for nonferrous metals.
The ideal instrument for measuring thin materials, difficult shapes and sizes.
Packaging and beverage industry for preforms and bottles
Quality control of glass and aluminium containers, aerospace composite parts, medical packaging, automotive panels, airbag tear seams, and other parts made from nonferrous materials.
How it works:
Operation of the Magna-Mike is very simple. Measurements are made when its magnetic probe is held on one side of the test material and a small steel target ball is placed on the opposite side. A Hall-effect sensor built in the probe measures the distance between the probe tip and target ball. The measurement is instantly displayed as an easy-to-read digital thickness reading.
In applications such as plastic bottles, the operator simply drops the small target ball inside the container. The magnetic probe held on the outside of the container attracts the target ball. When the operator scans the probe along the surface or critical corners, the small steel target ball will follow. In the Minimum Mode feature, the gauge continually displays both the actual thickness and the lowest thickness reading.
- Two new durable probe designs – straight and right angles
- Replaceable wear caps to extend durability – standard, chisel tip and extended wear
- Expanded target selection – 4.76 and 6.35 mm magnetic target balls and wire target
- Expanded thickness range up to 2.54 mm
- Larger colour VGA display
- RS232, USB and VGA outputs
- Direct interface to Excell spreadsheets
- Fast measurement update rate 60 Hz
- Programmable instrument lock with password
- Designed for IP67 rating
- Expanded alphanumeric data logger
- Save and recall stored calibration files
- New bench style case with improved gauge stand
Magna-Mike 8600 offers an expanded list of target options (six different target balls, two target discs and a wire target) to extend the measurement capacity. It now measures from 0.001 mm to 25.4 mm.
|Targets||Min. Thickness||Max. Thickness||Accuracy|
|1.58 mm ball||0.001 mm||2.03 mm||4 %||3%|
|3.17 mm ball||0.001 mm||6.1 mm||4 %||2%|
|4.76 mm ball||0.001 mm||9.1 mm||3%||1%|
|6.35 mm ball||0.001 mm||9.1 mm||3 %||1%|
|4.76 mm magnetic ball New||4.06 mm||19.05 mm||3 %||1%|
|6.35 mm magnetic ball New||4.06 mm||25.4 mm||3 %||1%|
|12.7 mm flat disc||0.001 mm||9.1 mm||3%||2%|
|6.35 mm V-edge disc||0.001 mm||6.1 mm||3%||2%|
|1.14 mm diameter wire New||0.001 mm||12.7 mm||3%||2%|
|0.66 mm diameter wire New||0.001 mm||6.1 mm||3%||2%|
NOTE: Measurement tolerance = ± [(accuracy x thickness) + 0.003 mm]