PAL-Soil helps you save on time, labour and material. A measurement takes 10 minutes, whether out in the field or in the lab.
The measurement method is in accordance with ISO 16586:2003 “Soil quality – Determination of soil water content as a volume fraction on the basis of known dry bulk density – Gravimetric.”
PAL-Soil has dual scales of Gravimetric soil moisture and Volumetric soil moisture.
- Construction industry
- Water resistant IP65 – can be washed under running water.
- Compact, handheld meter
- Battery operated – about 11 000 measurements (when an alkaline battery is used)
- Digital display
- Automatic temperature compensation (ATC)
- Equipped with new technology “External Light Interference” (ELI), enables accurate measurements to be taken with ease and confidence near a window or outside.
- Calibrate with water – no standard solutions necessary.
1. For Gravimetric Measurement: measure out an equal amount each of soil and glycerine in grams
OR For volumetric Measurement: measure out 50 ml soil. Measure out 30 ml glycerin and place in a plastic resealable bag.
2. Mix soil and glycerin very carefully.
3. Place filter paper on the prism of the PAL-Soil and place the soil-glycerine mixture on top.
4. Press the START key
5. Measurement value is displayed in 3 seconds.
- Filter paper
- Re-sealable plastic storage bags
- Plastic tweezers
- Plastic spoon
You may be interested in reading Soil Testing – Measurement of Soil Moisture on the Selectech Blog.