DescriptionThe Selectech Mobile Water Lab has been designed as a portable, durable kit which can be used to test the most important parameters for water quality.
The tests are classified according to Physical and Chemical parameters. We recommend using it together with the smaller Selectech Mobile Microbiological Kit. The kit contains all the chemicals and accessories to perform the tests.
The Mobile Lab is built to withstand tough African conditions and is easily carried to the field in the lightweight Alpine carry case. The Alpine Case is made of lightweight aluminium and contain Ethafoam Interiors that fully protect the contents against shock and vibration – even up to MILSPEC 810E specifications. It is also corrosion and UV resistant. The neoprene lid-seal is weatherproof.
The instruments are German engineered Lovibond® instruments, a brand built up over 120 years and have a 2 year guarantee, apart from electrodes that have a 6 month guarantee. The instruments feature step-by-step instructions and are easy-to-use as they are electronic. There are sufficient reagents for 250 tests. All items are labelled. Reagents have a shelf life of 2 years. When extra reagents or accessories are required, they can all be ordered as separate items.
Who can use it?
- Municipalities / government agencies – all you need to test the quality of water in your district
- Humanitarian aid agencies in Africa – pollution tracking, monitoring / protection of storage facilities
- Industry – monitoring of the quality of water and wastewater
- Students – effective tool to enable them to put into practice what they learn in the classroom
- Sewage / water treatment plants – monitoring of processes
Customer Comment:Chris Nyathi from Bushbuckridge Municipality in South Africa said: “You can do anything, anywhere – everything is convenient to use.”
Instruction Manuals:The step-by-step manuals for each test mean that anyone with a non-scientific background can also perform the tests with ease.
Training:Training courses for 4 – 8 people can be provided at our premises in Roodepoort. Please send us an email enquiry, if you are interested, and we will send you a quote.
Different Options:You may require a simpler test kit that tests less parameters, or a different make-up of products. We are able to advise on requirements and individualise test kits. Discuss your requirements with us and we will advise you on the easy-to-use electronic equipment that will perform the tests you would like to do.
- Fully portable – long lasting, weatherproof and vibration resistant kit.
- Lightweight – one person can easily carry both the Water Kit and the Microbiological kit.
- The Kit can also be used as a “table” when working out in the field.
- Cost effective alternative to a laboratory – self-contained water testing kit. No electricity or central laboratory is required.
- Results are accurate – Lovibond has a well established reputation in the water industry for accurate and long-lasting equipment.
- Reagents have a low cost-per-test ratio and are easily replaceable.
- Instruments: 2 years
- Electrodes: 6 months