The Selectech Mobile Microbiological Lab has been designed as a portable, durable kit which can be used to test for bacterial contamination of water.
The Mobile Lab is built to withstand tough African conditions and is easily carried to the field in the lightweight Alpine carry case. The Alpine Case is made of lightweight aluminium and contains Ethafoam interiors that fully protect the contents against shock and vibration – even up to MILSPEC 810E specifications. It is also corrosion and UV resistant. The neoprene lidseal is weatherproof.
The kit contains 3M Petrifilm Plates for bacteria testing. These are sample-ready plates that enable you to easily and efficiently perform on-site microbial testing. They can be used to test E.Coli / Coliform, Aerobic Count and Yest / Mould. An Incubator is also provided for incubating the tests for the required 12 / 24 hours necessary for testing.
Who can use it?
- Municipalities / government agencies – all you need to test the quality of water in your district
- Humanitarian aid agencies in Africa – pollution tracking, monitoring / protection of storage facilities
- Industry – monitoring of the quality of water and wastewater
- Students – effective tool to enable them to put into practice what they learn in the classroom
- Sewage / water treatment plants – monitoring of processes
Simple to Perform:These simple 3-step tests mean that anyone with a non-scientific background can also perform the tests with ease.
Different Options:You may require a different make-up of products. We are able to advise on requirements and individualise test kits. Discuss your requirements with us and we will advise you on the easy-to-use electronic equipment that will perform the tests you would like to do.
- Fully portable – long lasting, weatherproof and vibration resistant kit.
- Can be used for HACCP testing of products or for environmental monitoring.
- Lightweight – one person can easily carry both the Water Kit and the Microbiological kit.
- The Kit can also be used as a “table” when working out in the field.
- Cost effective alternative to a laboratory – self-contained testing kit. No electricity or central laboratory is required.
- Tests are easily replaceable.