The amount of salt in food processing and products can easily be monitored with the handheld PAL-Salt Mohr.
Salt has recently come under the spotlight in government legislation due to the negative effects on health of a high salt content diet. It is can also be argued that it is the most important flavour component in many foods.
Eliminate discussion and human error in tastings for quality control purposes with an agreed upon salt ratio that is then monitored during and after production.
Measurements taken with the PAL-Salt Mohr give results comparable with those done by titration (Mohr’s method), using conductivity. It uses an offset function that enables readings to be compensated based on known standards.
When measuring a sample that has been diluted by 10, PAL-Salt Mohr will also show the salt concentration that represents the content before dilution.
- Condiments – ideal for testing sauces and dressings at the factory
- Brine – measure the salt content in brine for cheeses, pickles, tuna, etc
- Fresh fruit and frozen vegetables – saline solutions used in the processing to prevent discolouration
- Potato chips – check and adjust the amount of salt used on the production line
- Food service industry – check the salt content of soups and sauces before service
- Delis and cold meats – can be monitored with the PAL-Salt and the probe, which is available as an optional extra
- Bakeries – check that salt has been added to bread dough to prevent unnecessary waste
- Requires only a few drops of sample
- Measurement in approximately 3 seconds
- Ergonomically designed for easy, one handed operation
- Accurate digital display
- Highly water resistant (IP65)
- Easy calibration – clean the sensor and press the ZERO key
- Automatic temperature compensation – improved accuracy for both hot and cold samples
- Complies with HACCP, GMP and GLP standards
How to measure:
- Apply 2 – 3 drops on the prism surface
- Press the START key
- Measurement value and prism temperature are displayed in 3 seconds.
Optional Accessory – PAL-Salt Probe:
- Can be more convenient to use a probe that can be submerged directly into liquid
- May be inserted directly into semi-solid food, such as meat or cheese
- Bear in mind that measurements at different places on the food surface may vary and direct measurements may also vary from measurements by dilution methods
- PAL-Salt probe offers a smaller measurement range of 0.00 to 7.0%