Simple, hand-held analogue refractometer useful for measuring the brix of sugar solutions, eg in beverages, sauces, fruit juices or honey. A good alternative choice when the water resistant feature is not a priority.
- Measurement of the brix of sugar solutions in food and beverage industry – eg jam, syrup, condiments, drinks and grapes
- NEW MODEL! Master-53S – milky samples, such as creamy sauces, yoghurt, mayonnaise and opaque liquids in industrial processing
- NEW MODEL! Master-Agri – growers, farmers, pack-houses
- NEW MODEL! Master-Honey/Bx – bee keepers, honey distributors
- Visibility – efficient use of an analogue unit depends on how easily the measured value can be read. The quality optics ensure that the measurement scale is very bright for a clear view
- Durability – water resistant, dust-resistant and drop resistant. The only replacement part is the daylight plate
- Smooth, easy-to-clean design – helps prevent samples being trapped, which could result in contamination
- Automatic Sample Distribution – spoon shaped tip makes applying the sample very easy
- Automatic Temperature Compensation – results in improved accuracy
- Standards – comply with HACCP, GMP, and GLP standards
Calibration can be done with a 10% sucrose solution, 20% sucrose solution or or 30% sucrose solution.
How to measure:
- Apply 2 – 3 drops of the sample onto the prism
- Close the daylight plate. View the scale through the eyepiece.
- Read the measurement value where the boundary line intersects the scale.
- Master-T – metal refractometer, general use
- Master-PT – plastic refractometer, better suited to salty and acidic samples
- NEW! Master-53S – specially designed for milky / opaque samples that were previously difficult to view a clear boundary line
- NEW! Master-Agri – optimised for measuring the brix of plant juices from leaves, stems and roots. Can be used to measure measure fruit juices
- NEW! Master-Honey/Bx – dual scale, measure the water content and brix of honey