The Atago Model RX-5000α-bev provides the ultimate in digital accuracy and precision for the Refractive Index (nD) and Brix testing of dissolved solids. It can set the measurement temperature internally. Ideal for testing of various liquids!
- Flat sample stage – ideal for measuring beverage samples. Also saves time on clean-up.
- Internal Heating / Cooling Mechanism – Featuring Peltier technology, the internal heating / cooling mechanism completely eliminates the need for an external constant temperature bath. Any temperature values between 5.00 – 60.00ºC can be entered as the target temperature. After the START button is pressed . it displays the reading when the prism and sample are heated or cooled to the target temperature (mode 1)
- Three modes for measuring – Mode 2 displays readings based on a calculation of the target temperature entered. Mode 3 switches the internal heating / cooling mechanism off entirely, with readings based on the current temperature of the prism.
- User-defined tolerance levels – allow users to quickly monitor the readings of samples by individually setting upper and lower limits for the Brix, Refractive Index, and the 30 user scales. Whether samples readings remain in or fall out of the specified tolerance, the results are digitally represented through the use of a horizontal bar graph on the LCD display.
- Programmable User Scales – 30 programmable user scales are available for the custom concentration levels of specific solutions. Scales are easily entered manually with the use of the keypad & LCD display. A backup battery stores the scales and any other custom information.
- Custom calibration – Model RX-5000alpha can also be calibrated manually at any 1 point with the use of a liquid standard or user-prepared standard.
- LED Light source – the long lasting LED light source with a 589.3nm (sodium D-line) interference filter is intended to last the life of the instrument.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation – Features Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC) for the Brix scale with 20ºC as the reference temperature. The effective compensation range for the Brix scale is 5 – 60ºC. The nD scale is not temperature compensated.
- Easy to use – operation consists of placing a sample on the prism, pressing the START button and in a few seconds the result is displayed on the large LCD screen.The unit automatically calibrates with water – a zero indicator lets the user know the unit is properly calibrated.
- High precision – featuring wide ranges and high resolution / accuracy for both refractive index (nD) and Brix, Model RX-5000alpha offers the highest level of precision available in a digital refractometer.
2 years standard warranty (3 years with product registration)