High precision with a large scale; reliable instrument.
The Abbe NAR-3T was developed to give improved accuracy and ease of use. This was achieved by making fundamental improvements to the optical system, utilizing a larger scale, incorporating a high intensity lamp and using a double control knob to give quick and finer control.
Applications and ASTM Standards:It is ideal for measuring the Brix and Refractive Index (nD) of liquids, glass, plastic and film.
- D542 – STM for Index of Refraction of Transparent Organic Plastics
- D1045 – STM for Sampling and Testing Plasticizers used in Plastics
- D1218 – STM for Refractive Index and Refractive Dispersion of Hydrocarbon Liquids
- D1416 – STM for Rubber from Synthetic Sources – Chemical Analysis
- D1747 – STM for Refractive Index of Viscous Materials
- D1807 – STM for Refractive Index and Specific Optical Dispersion of Electrical Insulating Liquids
- D4095 – STM for Use of the Refractometer for Determining Nonvolatile Matter (Total Solids) in Floor Polishes
- D5006 – STM for measurement of Fuel Icing Inhibitors (Ether Type) in Aviation Fuels
- D5775 – STM for Rubber from Synthetic Sources-Bound Styrene in SBR
- High Accuracy obtained using a large scale: The scale is four times larger than those used in convensity. The minimum scale division of 0.0002 enables measurements of refractive index of 0.0001 to be made.
- Double control knob for easier operation: Fine control knob for fine adjustment gives greater accuracy and enables the operator to bring the boundary line into the center cross more quickly. This facility gives quicker operation and better reproduction of measurements.
- Able to measure solid and liquid samples: The high intensity lighting is suitable for the measurement of both solid and liquid samples.
- Safe electrical system: The high intensity lighting is suitable for the measurement of both solid and liquid samples. The power supply cable is fixed to the main body of the instrument.
- Built-in air dryer and moisture removal device – A large cartridge drying chamber containing silicagel is incorporated to prevent moisture condensing on the inside of the instrument. Internal moisture droplets are removed by compressed air.