A precision instrument that can measure the Brix and Refractive Index of both liquids and solids.
The Abbe DR-A1 refractometer directly indicates a measurement value together with the temperature on a digital display. Operation is simple – one sets the boundary line of refraction at the cross hairs. Measurements are easily carried out without reading analogue graduation.
The DR-A1 Digital Abbe Refractometer can now be connected to a printer and computer. Individual measurements and their average values as well as temperature readings can be printed to a DP-22 C Digital Printer (sold separately) or transmitted to a computer.
* Dispersive value cannot be measured by this refractometer.
It is ideal for measuring the Brix and Refractive Index (nD) of liquids, glass, plastic and film.
- Easy to use: Operation consists of placing a sample on the prism. While looking through the eyepiece, the control knob is turned until the shadowline is centered in the crosshairs (see image eyepiece view). The reading display is shown on the large LCD display. Calibrates with water or the 1.5163 nD glass standard.
- Digital Accuracy: High resolution and accuracy provides substantial precision for both liquid and solid testing. The digital display and simple operation both enhance overall precision – no analogue scales to read.
- Professional Features: Large, menu-driven LCD display; nD and Brix scales; primary and secondary prisms; colour compensator dial; large measurement dial; focusable eyepiece; external power supply; dessicant case; drain nozzle.
- LED Light Source: Long life LED light source can be set for upper and lower settings enabling both transmission and reflection measurement modes.
- Prism Temperature Control: Featuring 2 circulator nozzles for the primary prism and 2 for the secondary prism. Model DR-A1 can be connected to a circulating bath to accurately regulate prism temperature. The prism temperature is displayed on the LCD display. The effective temperature range is 5 – 50°C.
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC) – Features ATC with 20°C as the reference point. Available for the Brix scale only, the effective compensation range is 5 – 50°C.
- Glass, Plastic & Film testing – Transparent or translucent film samples can be measured with the use of the included bromophthalene contact liquid and has a refractive index of 1.6300.
- Double Refraction (birefringence) testing – with the optional polarizing eyepiece, model DR A-1 can test samples without exhibiting double refraction. For example, a piece of film with this characteristic would have a machining direction (V axis), a right angle to machining direction (X axis), and a thickness direction (Z axis) – the refractive index must be measured for each axis.