NEW! This Lovibond® Spectrophotometer has especially been designed to measure the colour of edible oils for quality assurance.
Previous problems with the colour measurement of edible oils, such as crystallisation, have been solved with this unique Spectrophotometer that is able to keep oils at a constant temperature and is also easier to clean than previous models.
The colour scales Lovibond® RYBN, Lovibond® RY10:1, AOCS RY, Chlorophyll and beta-Carotene can be measured precisely and objectively.
The Tintometer Ltd is BS EN ISO/IEC 17025 accredited.
Colour Measurement of Edible Oils:
Edible oils are often fractionated during processing, in order increase their quality or to make special products. Because they have different melting points for different applications, they unique in their infraction.
The temperature and heating of a sample is important during colour measurement of oil, as temperature and colour go together. Temperature and duration times need to be set accurately, to ensure heating to the full liquid phase for measurement, without overheating which can cause a darker colour.
Another reason for the accurate timing and temperature setting of oil is that certain oils shorten very quickly and start to solidify as soon as the temperature is not maintained, with the sample colour becoming increasingly whiter.
The redeveloped Lovibond® Spectrophotometer is able to keep the oil at a constant temperature for more accurate and repeatable colour measurements.
- Colour measurement and quality control of edible oils in research, academia or industry
- Measures the following colour scales: Lovibond® RYBN, Lovibond RY10:1, AOCS RY, Chlorophyll and b-Carotene, for compliance with international standards
- Automatic colour measurement with new technology and electronic display
- USB and RS232 computer interface
- Easy to operate with integrated help menus
- Integrated heater allows the measurement of hot samples
- Temperature measurements and reportings avoid misreadings due to crystallisation and help to avoid any disagreements throughout the supply chain
- The sample chamber is removable which makes it easy to clean oil spills
- Robust aluminium casing – chemically resistant, light-weight and tough
- Borosilicate glass cells are resistant to thermal shock and last longer
- New technology provides enhanced accuracy, resolution and repeatability