Legionella Rapid Test Kits
Test the presence of Legionella bacteria in water in 25 minutes with the Lovibond® Legionella Rapid Test Kit.
The test contains a quick, accurate test strip that can be used by anyone, no special training is required.
This simple, rapid Legionella test is NOT intended as the sole method for Legionella risk assessment. It should perform part of an overall water treatment and risk reduction approach. Key water quality parameters should also be checked on a weekly and / or monthly basis, to minimise the risk of Legionella occurrence, with a Legionella Prevention Test Kit.
- Domestic hot and cold water systems
- Sinks and showers
- Sprinklers, air washers, humidifiers, sprinklers and misting systems
- Industrial water systems
- Cooling towers
- Spas, hot tubs and swimming pools
- Risk assessments, as part of a HACCP programme
- Detects the presence of pneumophila serogroup 1 bacteria in water samples from a wide range of sources
- Detection limits meet legislative guidance
- The test is based on a Lateral Flow Immuno-chomatographic Assay (LFICA)
- Results can be viewed within 25 minutes, at the most
- No special training is need to use the kit, it is a simple test
- The test strip can be stored at a cool room temperature (18 – 22°C)
- Relatively long shelf life of 18 months
- Variations of this kit are available to suit different applications and geographical areas. (View in the Applications tab)