Legionella causes Legionnaire’s Disease, a potentially fatal form of pneumonia.
Key parameters in water need to be checked on a weekly and / or monthly basis to minimise the risk of harmful levels. The weekly Legionella L8 Test Kit tests for aerobic bacteria, Chlorine, pH, conductivity and temperature.
The monthly Legionella L8 Test Kit is more comprehensive and checks additional parameters, such as Iron and Hardness.
Think you may already have Legionella in your water system? In this case, you may also be interested in the Rapid Legionella Test.
- Legionella are common in rivers and ponds and then grow in other water systems: typically found in cooling towers, evaporative condensers and hot and cold water systems
- Air conditioners, spa equipment, fountains, humidifiers, showers, oil / water emulsions used for lubricating lathes, misting devices, decorative fountains and water features, dentistry tools and thermostatic mixing valves
- Conforms to regulatory guidelines
- Easy to use and highly accurate Lovibond® quality
- Contains 10 x BT2 dipslides for measurement of aerobic bacteria. Results from this are used to calulate Legionella bacteria
- Chlorine Lovibond® Checkit Comparator measures Chlorine, so that you can ensure that the correct level of disinfectant is used
- pH test strips enable simple pH checks
- Lovibond® SD70 pen-type Conductivity and Temperature Meter is IP67 waterproof and ideal for quick parameter checks
Please send us an email if you would like information about the more comprehensive Monthly Legionella L8 Test Kit.
- Lovibond® Checkit Comparator – one year
- Lovibond® SD70 pen-type Conductivity and Temperature Meter – 1 year on instrument, 6 months on electrode