The new, ready-prepared InSite™ Salmonella Test simplifies hygiene testing in a food environment – just swab and incubate!
Salmonella bacteria can cause Salmonellosis, a foodborne infection, or Typhoid Fever.
The easy-to-use test contains a liquid media formulated with growth enhancers and chromogenic compounds specifically for Salmonella species.
A visible change in colour, from purple to bright yellow, is deemed presumptive positive.
An incubator is required to perform the test. 24 – 48 hours of incubation are required.
- Surface testing of Salmonella in food processing facilities
- Effortless preparation with this ready mixed screening test containing enrichment media
- Features Snap-Valve™ technology – snap and squeeze
- Large sponge tip increases sample collection
- Self contained tube means less risk of sample contamination
- No special skill required as results are easy to interpret – a change in colour from purple to bright yellow indicates that Salmonella species are present
- Write-on swab label
- Features viewing window with result chart for easy interpretation
- Positive results start to show in 24 hours and negative results are presumptive in 48 hours
- Detects Salmonella species at levels of 1 – 10 CFU, even when there are high numbers of competing organisms
- Certified by AOAC-RI as a performance testing method