Rapid environmental test for Listeria.
The test contains a liquid media formulated with antibiotics, growth enhancers and color changing compounds sp ecific to the growth of Listeria species. A color change from yellow to light brown / black is considered presumptive positive.
Applicability of InSite is limited for selected common Listeria spp (Listeria monocytogenes, L. innocua, L. ivanovii and L.welshmeri) on selected common surface types.
An incubator is required to perform the test. 24 – 30 hours of incubation are required.
- Surface testing of Listeria in food or beverage processing facilities
- Self-contained reagent
- Large 2.5 inch foam swab for maximum sample pick-up
- Write-on swab label
- Presumptive positive results are available for the most common Listeria spp in 30 hours at levels as low as 1 – 10 cfu / ml
- Compared to UVM and BLEB, provides superior / equivalent recovery and faster detection of as low as 10 – 50 heat injured Listeria monocytogenes / ml within 24 – 30 hours of incubation
- Provides higher level of selectivity and sensitivity for heat injured L. monocytogenes under binary competition conditions compared to BLEB and UVM media.
NOTE: If you would like to perform Listeria tests on foods (rather than surfaces), we recommend that you use the Listeria Test Strip System – Lateral Flow.