NEW! COST EFFECTIVE! Smaller and simpler, these modern hand-held EComparators allow you to take digital colour measurements for one colour scale.
For those starting with colour testing, this lower cost option provides immediate and accurate results – straight from the box. Operators who currently use visual comparators find these new electronic comparators faster and more accurate, as the subjectivity of the human eye is not involved.
There is guaranteed compliance with international standards.
Lovibond’s 120+ years of experience in colour testing is seen in the accuracy and efficiency of the instrument.
- Water industry
- Petroleum industry
- Oils and fats
- Manufacturing of resins, solvents, plasticisers, varnishes and waxes
- Portable handheld with robust casing
- Immediate, accurate electronic readings
- Integrated light shield protects the sample from ambient light
- White LED light has a 25 year lifetime
- Flexible path length accommodates glass or plastic cells for flexibility of application
- The colour difference can be viewed as a simple on-screen colour display or as a numerical display (please see images)
- Large touch screen is easy to programme
- Users can set preferences and create projects with individual tolerance settings
- A red, green and amber on-screen warning sytem provides immediate information on the tolerance of the sample
- Large data storage (>20 000 readings)
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity, PC software
- The design features a slot for glass reference standards, thus eliminating positioning user error as a source of non-compliance with standards
- Supplied with certified glass and liquid reference standards
- Guaranteed compliance with international standards as detailed below
EC 2000 PLATINUM-COBALT / HAZEN / APHA COLOUR (ASTM D 1209)
- Pt-Co / Platinum-Cobalt / Hazen / APHA colour refer to the same colour scale
- Used to measure clear to dark amber liquids
- Originally defined by specified dliutions: range from 0 at the light end of the scale to 500 at the darkest
- Used extensively in the water industry
- Also used to measure the colour of clear oils, chemicals and petrochemicals such as glycerine, plasticisers, solvents, carbon tetrachloride and petroleum spirits
EC 3000 SAYBOLT COLOUR (ASTM D 156, ASTM D 6045)
- Used for grading light coloured petroleum products
- Similar to the Platimun-Cobalt colour scale, employed for the measurement of water-clear, colourless to slightly yellowish products
- The faintest colouration is Saybolt-colour number +30, the strongest Syabolt value is -16
- Ideal for measuring aviation fuels, kerosine, napthas, white mineral oils, hydrocarbon solvents and petroleum waxes
EC 2000 GARDENER COLOUR (ASTM D 1544, ASTM D 6166, AOCS Td 1a, MS 817 Part 10)
- Single number, one dimensional colour scale that uses the values 1 – 18
- Ranges from pale yellow to red in shade for grading the colour of similarly coloured liquids
- Commonly used to measure the colour of resins, varnishes, lacquers, drying oils, fatty acids, lecithin, sunflower oil and linseed oil
EC 3000 ASTM COLOUR (ASTM D 1500, ASTM D 6045, ISO 2049, IP 196)
- Single number, one dimensional scale with 16 steps (0.5 – 8.0 units in increments of 0.5 units)
- Sometimes called the "mineral oil colour value"
- Used for the grading of petroleum products such as lubricating oils, heating oils and diesel fuel oils