NEW INNOVATION! Non-destructive, infra-red brix meter measures the sugar level in fruits with no juicing or chopping.
New expertise allows you to save time on preparing fruit samples, filtering fruit juice and wasting fruit for testing. No more wiping and washing after each measurement!
PAL Hikari’s unique technology uses 20 LEDs with 6 custom wavelengths, lined up in a circle, to accurately detect sugar levels in fruit.
To use: simply place the sensor against a fruit on the tree and press a button.
PAL-Hikari is ergonomically designed to fit snugly in the palm of your hand. A special cushion on the measurement section makes allowances for different shapes of fruit and eliminates measurement discrepancies from external light interference.
A portable and affordable, scientific solution to help determine the sweetness and, thus, quality of fruit.
- Growers of fruit
- Packhouses / fruit storage
- Customs inspection / fruit importers
- Markets and supermarkets selling fruit
- Two ways to measure: by pressing the meter against a fruit, or by placing the fruit on top of the inner cushion
- A button on the side of the unit makes it possible to take measurements with one hand whil the fruit is on the tree
- Measured fruits remain intact and can be shipped or sold after measurements
- No sample preparation, wiping or cleansing of meter is required after each measurement
- Various shapes of fruit can be accommodated by the cushion that allows a snug fit and eliminates measurement discrepancies caused by external light interference
- Compact and lightweight pocket design
- Automatic temperature control range of 5.0 to 35.0°C
- Strap holder for easy carrying
- Large LCD electronic display
- PAL-HIKARI 5 – apple
- PAL-HIKARI 2 – grapes
- PAL-HIKARI 10 – peach
- PAL-HIKARI 12 – asian pear