Innovative, brand-new technology to test the ripeness and quality of avocadoes, using near infrared analysis.
The Avocado Quality Meter sends light particles into the avocado and then measures interactance of the light with molecules in the fruit. By evaluating the dry matter, we are able to gauge the maturity of avocadoes.
How does dry matter allow us to then predict the right time to pick avocadoes?
It takes only 12 seconds to measure dry matter in the avocado and does not harm the fruit in the process, thus saving product samples, that would have been destroyed with previous technology.
Electronic measurements are as easy to take as pushing a button, the data can then be transferred to a computer for analysis and record keeping.
Fruit Maps is the free interactive harvest map application that has been created by the manufacturer in association with Central Queensland University.
- Farmers and growers for managing crops and determination of harvest time
- Quality assessment of the avocado crop
- Post-harvest storage and timing in ripening rooms
- Quality inspection in retail outlets
- Lightweight and portable for in-the-field use
- Non-destructive measurements – no wastage of fruit samples
- Scans take 4 – 6 seconds of the sample
- Built-in GPS for quick crop mapping
- Consistent and objective measurements
- WI-Fi capable
- There is less product wastage and spoilage through the use of more accurate data predictions
- Cost of a specific meter for avocadoes is more economical that the cost for the general F-750 Produce Quality Meter