Just as there are different types of cars for different situations, there are different meters / testers available to suit different water testing situations and budgets.
EC meters are generally available in five types:
1. Small, economical pen-type meters that are well suited to applications such as aquaculture, education and environmental testing
2. Higher accuracy, hand-held meters that are still portable and ideal for in-the-field or factory use
3. Larger, bench-type meters suitable for laboratories
4. In-line meters can be placed directly into boilers or pipes in industrial situations to deliver information in real-time
5. You can also choose between single parameter or multi parameter meters (these can also measure such parameters as pH / salt / temperature)
Cleaning & Calibrating Your EC Meter:
EC Meters will require careful looking after in order to ensure constant accurate measurements:
- They will need to be calibrated with a Selectech Conductivity Calibration Solution.
- When selecting a standard, choose one that has the approximate conductivity of the solution to be measured
- Generally, the frequency with which they need to be calibrated is on a daily basis for heavy use and a weekly basis for less frequent use
- However, if the EC Meter is kept clean and rinsed well, it will only need to be calibrated every few weeks
- Cleaned with Selectech Electrode Cleaning Solution and rinsed well with Selectech Electrode Rinse Water after each test
* The Selectech Conductivity Calibration & Maintenance Kit is available in 3 different ranges. If you are unsure which range to select, send us an email with information about your application and we will advise you.