It is very important to prepare the colour testing instrument and the article for measurement correctly in order to attain accurate colour measurements.
When measuring Transmittance products:
- Check the cleanliness of the instrument and the sample chamber
- Follow the measurement method
- Ensure the correct operation parameters are chosen
- Use the correct path length cell
- Use comparable cells when comparing two instruments
- Keep the outside of the cell windows as clean as the inside of the cell
- Baseline the instrument against the correct reference (air, deionised water, blank solution, etc)
- Ensure the sample is not turbid and does not contain particulate matter
- Should samples require heating, be sure they are in an identical state
- Measure the certified standard supplied with the instrument
- Check when the instrument was last serviced / calibrated
- Handle cell by the windows
Taking a colour measurement of a honey sample, using a Lovibond® electronic instrument, for quality control. Colour relates to the flavour and age of honey.
Trackback from your site.