NEW, award-winning technology! Simple, low-cost test to detect organic materials associated with microbial bacteria in water. Carbotect™ is a basic, water quality test that can be used by any worker. It will provide an immediate answer to the question, “Is this water or equipment safe to use right now? No special skills, electricity or capital equipment are required to use this test. It can be performed right on the factory floor or by the production line. Corrective action or lengthier, more detailed microbiological testing can then be initiated in real time. Developed and made in South Africa.
- Water quality checks
- Industrial pipes and equipment – monitor the formation of biofilm, so that it can be eliminated before causing further contamination downstream
- Food and beverage facilities – quality control or hygiene checks
- Municipalities and water service providers
- Water treatment plants
- Indirect monitor system performance of Reverse Osmosis (RO), Ultra-filtration (UF) and Nano-Filtration (NF) membrane systems for both desalination and fresh water treatment
- Surface water in dams, rivers or streams
How to Use:
- Collect a sample of the water you wish to test in the 100ml sample bottle that’s included.
- Pour in the Carbotect™ reagent powder to and wait up to 5 minutes for the resulting colour reaction.
- Measure the colour change against the colour chart or a reference standard prepared with distilled water.
- The Carbotect™ test consists of a 100 ml plastic sample bottle, reagent sachet and a colour chart for semi-quantitative analysis
- It is a simple, colour based test for the rapid detection of ultra-low levels of organic contaminants in water samples
- By identifying the organic compounds which provide the basis for microbial growth and colonization, the Carbotect™ test offers a pro-active test to monitor contamination and biofilm formation, with the adverse consequences of future downstream microbial contamination
- The degree of colour change is measured and compared with a simple 8-stage colour chart
- Reliable and repeatable test for organic residue levels of less than 1 ppm
- Refined to detect ultra-low concentrations of microbial Exopolysaccharides (EPS) associated with biofilms present in process, product and domestic water systems
- Detect and semi-quantify the presence of Dissolved and Total Organic Compounds (DOC, TOC) in the process water of membrane filtration systems for process and domestic use. This provides a proactive management tool for timely biocidal treatment before the membranes require lengthy recovery procedures.
- Detect and monitor effluent organic compounds in wastewater treatment plants
- Check water quality is compliant with safety standards before discharging treated water
- No special skills, additional equipment, or electricity are required – workers can quickly verify the safety of water or the efficacy of cleaning procedures
Special Awards for Carbotect™:Well-known South African Scientist, Dr. Robin Kirkpatrick, is the inventor of this new product, which has already received three awards:
- Da Vinci Institute & Eskom Award for Excellence in the Management of Systems
- Entrepreneurship Award from the Global Cleantech Innovation Programme (GCIP)
- Global Finalist Award from the Institute of Chemical Engineers in the Food & Beverage and Water categories in 2017