Terms & Conditions of Use relating to www.selectech.co.za
Welcome and thank you for using our Internet site (“the site”). The site is owned by Selectech (Pty) Ltd (“Selectech”) of Allen’s Nek, Roodepoort, South Africa. The site is hosted and managed in the Republic of South Africa and promotes the Selectech trading philosophy of supply of equipment and reagents for laboratory and field analysis.
These Terms and Conditions (“the Terms and Conditions”) govern your (“the User”) use of the Selectech (“Provider”) website located at the domain name www.selectech.co.za (“the Website”). By accessing and using the Website, the User agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out in this legal notice. The User may not access, display, use, download, and/or otherwise copy or distribute Content obtained on the website for marketing and other purposes without the consent of the Provider.
Whilst we make reasonable efforts to provide accurate and timely information about Selectech (Pty) Ltd on this site, you should not assume that the information provided is always current or that this site contains all the relevant information available.
- Electronic Communications
By using this Website or communicating with the Provider by electronic means, the user consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communication satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be in writing.
By accessing, using any functionality or making a purchase through this website (“the site”) or making any purchase from Selectech (Pty) Ltd, you, the customer, enters into the following agreement with Selectech (Pty) Ltd (Selectech, “we” or “us”):
- You agree that Quotes and Invoices are not valid without these terms of sale, and that you have read and understood these terms in full.
- You agree that we resell and distribute products and services on behalf of our suppliers, and that we shall not be responsible or liable for any claim arising as a result of warranty issues, damages or losses that has occurred through the use of their products. You further agree that all responsibility lies with the manufacturers and original suppliers of these products, and that we have made no guarantees or warranties to the appropriateness of any product. Our sole responsibility will be to communicate your concerns to the supplier and to return the product for inspection and possible repair at our supplier. The delivery and collection costs of faulty products are the customer’s responsibility.
- Suitability of goods: We do not warrant the suitability of goods. Please check the suitability of products with the manufacturer before purchasing. When making a purchase, the customer agrees that he/she has made the necessary enquiries to ensure that the product suits his/her needs, requirements and specifications.
- Payment: All payments are in advance, by bank transfer or by cash into our account. Credit card payments are also acceptable.
- No Cheque payments: You agree not to make payment by cheque without receiving prior written permission from a manager. If payment has been made by cheque without permission, no goods will be released until the cheque has cleared in our account, which may take 10 working days or longer.
- Collections: You may collect orders from our premises in Roodepoort once full payment has been received and has cleared in our bank account. If the line item “transport” does not appear on your quote, then this indicates that the goods will be collected from us in Roodepoort, either in person or by your own courier service at your own expense.
- Prices and specifications: The price guides and any price shown on our site are a reference only. Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Stock availability: Receiving a quote does not imply that the items on that quote are in stock and customers must enquire about stock availability before making payment. Stock availability confirmation is only valid at the time when the enquiry was made, stock cannot be held and will continue to be sold on a first come, first serve basis.
- Order on request products: “Order on request products” are products that need to be specially ordered for a customer. These are products that are not normally kept in stock at our suppliers. Should an item be “order on request”, the price which was initially quoted is only fixed and firm for 14 days.
- Special promotions. Products that are on special promotion are available for a limited period of time, and are only valid while stocks last. All such products are sold on a first pay, first sold basis. Once these products have sold out, no replacement will become available.
- Courier and delivery charges: Courier and delivery charges for the transport of goods to the customer, or for the return of goods to us, becomes payable by the customer. Delivery charges always apply if the goods are not collected from us. Delivery charges are not refundable. Should a customer return a product using our account, the amount then becomes payable by the customer, and goods will be held, or sold, to recover such costs. Free delivery does not apply, and delivery charges incurred by us will become payable by the customer. Delivery charges will be deducted from any refund due to the customer. If a customer is not at the premises to take delivery when a delivery is attempted, then we reserve the right to charge the customer for delivery. If several attempts have been made, then the goods will automatically be placed for collection and it becomes the customer’s responsibility to collect the goods from our premises. The delivery address will be the address printed on the customer’s final quote, and the address will be considered correct and final. Once goods have been signed for at the delivery address given by the customer, the order will be considered delivered and fulfilled. Deliveries must be done to a place where the customer can take collection. Deliveries to plots, farms, informal settlements and constructions sites cannot be done. Deliveries to security complexes must be arranged with your security. Deliveries to offices must be arranged with your receptionists and/or security. Courier companies do not always call before delivery and the customer must be at the delivery premises at all times until delivery has been made. Deliveries are only done during office hours on work days.
- Sending orders and confirmation of receipt – All information on the site and on our price guide should be treated as an invitation for you to make an offer to purchase (“the order”) and we remain entitled to reject any order without giving reasons. Although our site is set up to confirm receipt of your order (“confirmation”), technical or other problems may delay or prevent such confirmation. If you have not received confirmation from us shortly after sending your order you should contact us immediately. DO NOT re-submit your order as this may lead to a duplicate transaction for which you will remain liable. Confirmation does not mean that a transaction has been concluded it merely serves to confirm that your order has been received by us. A transaction is only concluded once we have shipped the goods to your specified address on receipt of payment. We reserve the right to verify your identity and to conduct credit checks.
- Trial – No Goods are sold on a trial basis.
- Cash refunds – We do not issue cash refunds.
- Quotation validity – A quotation is only valid if it has been received by you in an unchangeable, secure format, and it has not been altered in any way. Special offers and promotions will not be extended for any reason or for any duration of time once stock has been sold out. When a quote is issued, discounted pricing may have been applied to bundled products. The quote is only valid when all the items on the quote are purchased as a whole unit in one consignment, including any delivery and administrative charges. Any price given for the separate components are not valid when purchased on their own and a new quote will need to be issued for those items.
- Failure to collect repaired goods – Any repairs that are not collected after 45 days will be disposed of without further notice and income used to defray costs.
- In the event that equipment is returned to us under guarantee and it is discovered that the fault has arisen due to misuse, neglect, mishandling, incorrect or improper use, we will charge for labour and parts. In the event that equipment is sent to us under guarantee and it is discovered that the product is functioning as intended, we may, at our discretion, charge for labour.
- Any queries regarding a purchase must be reported by the next working day. This includes, but is not limited to, omissions (manuals, etc.), invoicing, charging or payment queries.
- All purchases made on a credit account must be paid within 30 days from date of statement. Upon failure to pay within due date, the full outstanding amount will attract interest at 2% per month, calculated on a daily basis. Payments received will be used to pay the interest portion of your account first, and the remaining portion of your payment will pay the capital on your outstanding account balance. Any remaining balance will continue to attract interest until fully paid.
- Debt collection -If a customer fails to pay after 60 days, or is unlikely to pay within an agreed period, the services of a debt collector may be used to collect the amount owed as well as any accumulated interest up until that date. A minimum “debt collection fee” of 25% will be added to the invoice amount plus the accumulated interest. There is no maximum fee. You agree that all goods remain the property of Selectech (Pty) Ltd until full payment has been received by us, that we reserve the right to recover unpaid goods and that we may charge rent for their use. In addition, you agree to pay any additional expenses that our company has suffered in order to recover and resell these goods.
All products and services fall under our Terms and Conditions. It is assumed that the customer has read and understood the Terms and Conditions prior to engaging in any business transaction with the company.
- E-Commerce & Privacy
The Website www.selectech.co.za sells water analysis, beverage and laboratory equipment and consumables online. The use of any product or service bought from this Website is at the purchaser’s risk. The purchaser/ user indemnifies and holds the Provider harmless against any loss, injury or damages which may be sustained as a result of using the products sold on the Website.
The private information required for executing the orders placed through the e-commerce facility, namely the User’s personal information and credit card details, delivery address and telephone numbers will be kept in the strictest confidence by the Provider and not sold or made known to third parties. Only the necessary information, that is the delivery address and contact phone number will be made known to third parties delivering the product. Credit card details are not kept by the Provider under any circumstances.
The Provider cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the User’s electronic device (Personal Computer or other electronic device used to browse the Website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that the User may inadvertently have installed on his/her device.
The Provider will supply all goods to the delivery company in good order. The Provider will not be held liable for the condition of goods arriving at the User’s chosen delivery address.
- Online Payment – MyGate Payment Gateway
All online credit card payments are processed by the MyGate Internet Payment Gateway. Card Holders may go to www.mygate.co.za to view MyGate security policy.
- Refund and Return Policy
The provision of goods and services is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, the Provider will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 20% charge for administration costs.
Credit and returns – Credit notes will be considered for returned goods, if the goods have been received by us within 7 (seven) calendar days of invoice. All items returned attract a minimum of 20% re-stocking fee. All goods returned are to be correctly packaged. Specifically, goods must be returned in the packaging in which they were received, with all outer boxes and inner packaging intact (sealed and re-saleable). Items that are not correctly packaged will attract a minimum 40% handling charge.
We may refuse to give a refund on products that have been opened, used, installed, damaged or that are not correctly packaged. No credits will be issued after 7 (seven) days from invoice.
If you return goods, or cancel an order once goods have been shipped, you agree to pay for all the shipping costs we have incurred in sending and receiving the goods. If a product has been returned, then we reserve the right to either reject the return or to charge a restocking fee.
Damage and defects on returns – Damage and defects which are in our opinion directly caused by incorrect or improper use, neglect, power surges, lightening damage, or mishandling by the customer are specifically excluded from any warranty or guarantee given or implied.
Errors (mistakes) on our website and/or other communication from our company (E&OE): You may be entitled to a credit on the product, subject to our approval and subject to the rest of our terms of sale. You agree that only a credit for the product will be issued by us, and that no other product or service will be offered as a replacement. Courier charges and the risk to return the product to us will be your responsibility, unless we have agreed to pay these charges.
Warranties: All warranties are covered by our suppliers only. The warranty period is different for each component and brand. All warranties, unless stated otherwise, are carry-in: products are to be sent to us at the customer’s own expense, and the product is to be collected at the customer’s own expense.
Warranty periods: The supplier is responsible for the warranty on their own products. If the supplier is not able to cover a warranty for any reason, then we will not be obliged to cover the warranty for any reason. From time to time, our suppliers change their warranty conditions and periods, and these conditions become effective immediately and override any warranty period indicated on our own documentation. Only the original suppliers’ warranty period, as indicated on their original invoice to us from our supplier, is valid at any given time.
Repair warranty – All items brought into the workshop for repair purposes carry a 90-day warranty. The warranty period will commence from Invoice date.
Warranty exceptions: Warranty does not cover physical damage of any sort. Damage that is not covered by a warranty includes, but is not limited to, physical damage, burnt components, lightning and surge damage.
Selectech reserves the right to cancel an order for which payment has already been received. This may occur if stock is insufficient or the quality of goods ordered does not meet the Provider’s standards. Should the Provider exercise this right, the User will receive a full refund with no deductions.
Any complaints regarding the standard and quality of the product or products bought by consumers through the e-commerce facility should be directed to the Marketing Manager, Selectech, PO Box 532, Allen’s Nek, 1737, or email@example.com.
- Updating of these Terms and Conditions
Right to amend this agreement – We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. All amendments to these terms will be posted on the site (“the current version”). Whenever you access the site you will be bound to the current version. Continued use of this site will be deemed to constitute acceptance of the current version. Unless otherwise stated the current version shall supersede and replace all the previous versions of the terms and conditions. A print-out signed by the webmaster responsible for maintaining this site will serve as prima facie proof as to the date of publication and content of the current version.
- Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
The Provider reserves the right to make any changes to the Website, the Content, or to products and/or services offered through the Website at any times and without notice. All rights in and to the Content is reserved and retained by the Owners. The User is not granted a license or any other right including without limitation under Copyright, Trademark, Patent or other Intellectual Property Rights in or to the Content.
- Limitation of liability
The Website and all Content on the Website, including any current or future offer of products or services, are provided on an “as is” basis, and may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Owners make no warranty or representation as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of the Content. Neither Provider nor any holding company, affiliate or subsidiary of Provider, shall be held responsible for any direct or indirect special, consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred, related to the use of, or the inability to access or use the Content or the Website or any functionality thereof, or of any linked website, even if Provider is expressly advised thereof. Selectech (Pty) Ltd reserve the right without prior notice to discontinue or change specifications on products and services offered on this site without incurring any obligations.
- Privacy: Casual surfing
The User may visit the Website without providing any personal information. The Website servers will in such instances collect the IP address of the User computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the Website, pages viewed, etc. Provider uses this information to determine use of the Website, and to improve content thereon. Provider assumes no obligation to protect this information, and may copy, distribute or otherwise use such information without limitation.
- Choice of Law
This Website is controlled, operated and administered by Provider from its offices within the Republic of South Africa. Access to the Website from territories or countries where the Content or purchase of the products sold on the Website is illegal is prohibited. The User may not use this Website in violation of South African export laws and regulations. If the User accesses this Website from locations outside of South Africa, that User is responsible for compliance with all local laws. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and the User consents to the jurisdiction of the Witwatersrand High Court in the event of any dispute. If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of these Terms and Conditions, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Provider and the User with regard to the use of the Content and this Website.
- Advertising and Links
External hyperlinks may be provided on the site. You shall not interpret such hyper linking as constituting any relationship between Selectech (Pty) Ltd and any linked third party or any endorsement by Selectech (Pty) Ltd of such third party and use of or reliance on any external links provided is at your own risk.
- General Terms
The content contained on the site may be used by you for information purposes only. In using the site you agree not to infect it with any computer programming (such as a virus) that may damage, interfere with, delay or intercept any data or information on the site.
General Severability – If any of the provisions of these online terms are not fully enforceable for any reason, the remainder will nevertheless continue to apply.
This Agreement is governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.