The SAM-1™ Meter transforms your smart phone or tablet into a powerful instrument for water quality measurement.
- Download the free SAM-1™ App for Apple or Android devices
- Connect the SAM-1™ Meter and Smart Sensor (pH, ORP, conductivity / temperature sensors available) into the audio jack of your smart phone or tablet
- The sensor type and calibration data is auto-recognised.
- Measure samples in the lab, field or plant.
- Quickly and easily record reading details such as time, date and GPS co-ordinates with location names and comments.
- Share your readings instantly via email or export to spreadsheets.
Smart Sensors (available as a separate purchase):
- pH Sensor
- Spear Tip pH Sensor – measure semi-solids such as meat and cheese
- ORP (Redox) Sensor
- pH / Reference / Temperature Sensor
- Conductivity / Temperature Sensor
- Environmental monitoring
- Product quality control
- Aquaculture / horticulture / hydroponics
- Municipal / wastewater measurements
- Educational – great for teaching the chemistry of acid / alkali and electro-chemistry. Students can install the app on their own devices and share a single sensor for experiments
- Swimming pools / spas
- Precise and accurate measurements
- Smart sensors are easy to use and store calibration data for quick interchange ability
- Works with 1, 2, 3 or more calibration points
- Additional sensor types will be supported in the future with seamless software updates
- pH electrodes (excluding the spear tip) have a recessed protected design that ensures the pH glass bulb does not break easily
- Works with location aware devices to log the coordinates where readings were taken and time stamps, for analysis and auditing purposes
- Sends readings by email (individual or .csv file)
Smart phones and tablets NOT included.
It is very important to buy a “pH Maintenance and Calibration Kit”
when buying a pH meter. ORP
Maintenance and calibration Kits are also available. This will extend the life of your electrode and help to ensure accurate and reliable results.
- Apple phone, tablet or pod using iOS 5.0 or higher
- Android device requires:
- Google android 2.3 or higher (honeycomb or modified versions of Android are not supported)
- A 3.5 mm headset jack with microphone (audio jack supporters are not included)
- Normal or large screen size (small screen sizes are not supported)
- Location services if GPS recording is desired
- Access to Google Play