Field testing of heavy metals in water in under two minutes.
This new method is powered by DNA and presents a real breakthrough in analysis of soluble heavy metal content in water supplies.
The AND1000 hand-held Fluorimeter reduces testing times and complexity over previous methods. It requires no special skill or knowledge of chemistry to operate.
The Heavy Metal Sensor Kits containing sensors and supplies for the various metals are sold separately. Each disposable colour-coded sensor is designed for a specific heavy metal test target. Kits provide everything needed to test.
How it works: DNAzyme TechnologyCatalytic DNA sensors use a DNAzyme reaction that fluoresces in the presence of a target contaminant substance such as lead. The fluorescence of the reaction is measured to determine the soluble concentration of the target heavy metal and is reported in parts per billion (ppb). The test is performed by taking a 1 ml water sample, injecting it through the sensor and into the fluorimeter. This sample is then automatically analysed and reports the result in less than one minute.
- Simple, one button push for on-site, detection and analysis of heavy metals in water.
- No specialized user training.
- Less than 2 minutes to test result (from sample to result).
- Handheld and water-resistant IP54 housing.
- DNAzyme reaction produces quantitative fluorescence based results.
- Disposable test kits for Lead, Uranium, Copper, Mercury, Cadmium, Zinc and more are available. They include equipment for 25 Tests and / or calibrations.
- Disposable reagents are not hazardous, no special disposal is required
- To help differentiate the materials specific to each analyte, the sensor housings and buffer caps have been color coded.
- Highly sensitive and selective (low ppb ranges).
- Test results can be downloaded via USB connection to a computer. Results are time and date stamped and site labelled.
- CE-certified. Complies with:
- Low Voltage Electrical Equipment Directive 2006/95/EC
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive 2004/108/EC
- Long Life Li-Polymer battery, rechargeable through USB connection
- Dimensions of instrument: H 5.72 cm; W 9.14 cm; D 20.3 cm; weight: 565g
- Time to begin remediation action is thus reduced.
- Drinking Water
- Environmental Water*
- Industrial Process Wastewater*
- Municipal Effluent Water*