A simple, reliable technique that enables the rapid, confirmed enumeration of both Total Coliforms and E.coli.
The Lovibond® system tests 25 samples and will indicate the presence of just one CFU / 100 ml.
Coliform and E.Coli are good indicators of general bacterial contamination and, because they are easy to test for, make ideal indicator bacteria to monitor in water courses, tanks and pipe work. WHO guidelines on potable water quality state that zero Colony forming units (CFU) of coliforms and E.coli should be present per 100 ml of water sample.
- Potable / drinking water
- Borehole water
- Pools and spas
- Effluent / waste water
- Process / industrial water
How it works:
- Add one sachet to 100 ml water, place in an incubator for 24 hours and note the colour change
- The formation of a yellow colour in 24 hours or less indicates positive for the presence of total coliforms
- Positive tubes are then checked for the presence of E.coli by looking for fluorescence under UV light
- Simple procedure
- Conforms to regulatory guidelines (100 ml sample)
- Detects one CFU / 100 ml